Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fireworks



You have to hand it to the Chinese, not only did they invent paper and Chinese food, but they were also the first ones on the ball with fireworks. Ten points! Then the Japanese got wind of what was going down and made them bigger, faster and more colouredy then ever. Possibly. Either way, I went to a fireworks display in the nearby town of Nogata last night. It was pretty cool alright, although my crap photos don't do the thing much justice.

The following day, a very lovely lady with whom I work informed me that she saw me there the previous night and then, with a wink, made a drinky-drinky gesture. Yes, that's right, I was drinking, however, that shit is legal in public in Japan, which is why it is such a great and powerful nation.

Perhaps public drinking deserves its own post.

Back to fireworks, though, for a second: fireworks are savage.

No comments:

Post a Comment